Are you planning for a trip to Western Australia? You must be having questions like:
Which is the best Perth backpacker hostel?
What to do in Perth city?
What are Perth’s tourist attractions?
Perth, Western Australia’s capital city, is best known for its sandy beaches, Botanic Garden, and Kings Park. So far as tourist attractions are concerned, you can quickly gather information from the famous worldwide tourist guide; the Internet! So we have penned down a few of the non-touristy things to do in Perth.
Exciting Things To Do in Perth, Australia
Explore the Outdoors
The best way to explore a place is to go by foot or take a bike. This way you can stop at any point and resume your two-footed wanderings at your own pace, capture a few Insta-worthy shots, and walk/ride where your heart takes you. You can traverse through the following places:
- Causeway for a tour of the inner-city suburbs
- Take a jaunt to Narrows Bridge
- Pack a picnic basket for a trip to Kings Park and enjoy an uninterrupted view of the city
- Nature lovers must head over to Lotterywest Federation Walkway
- Jacob’s Ladder and Kokoda Track for an adrenaline-pumping adventurous experience
West Coast Motorcycle Hire, VeloCity Rides, Livelo Bike Rental are a few options in case you are looking to hire bikes in Perth.
Get to know the rich culture of Perth
The City of Perth is rightly proud of its rich and vibrant culture. To witness the glory of arts and entertainment here, you must head to the following places:
- Elizabeth Quay to attend events like Fringe World Festival, Perth International Arts Festival, and so on.
- The Bird for live music shows
- Blue Room Theatre for striking foyer art
- Perth Cultural Centre
- PICA (Perth Institute of Contemporary Arts) for amazing visual and performing arts
- West Australian Ballet for stunning performances
- His Majesty’s Theatre
- West Australian Opera
- Quarry Amphitheatre with its magical and entertaining performances
Food varieties of Perth
By sampling a taste of Perth, we mean the multicultural cuisines with endless food choices. To indulge in the mouth-watering delicacies, you must include the following places in your tour-guide:
- The Re Store is much-loved for its espresso
- Leederville store to satisfy your Italian cravings
- Vince Garreffa or the Prince of Flesh’s famous White Rocks veal and Mondo Meats
- The world-class Perigord truffles
- Ruocco’s Pizzeria E Ristorante for delicious woodfired pizzas
- The thriving underground US-style BBQ for various year-round barbecue competitions
- Barbecue joints like Deen Street BBQ, Holy Smokes, and Porkies Bar-B-Que
Wander around the neighborhoods
Besides the well-known tourist attractions, Perth has several impressive neighborhoods.
- Guildford and Mt Lawley
- Whatley Crescent, a true suburban treasure, where you can indulge in Sherbet Cake’s baked goodies and shop vintage-inspired clothes at Look Feel Be.
- Angove Street Collective in North Perth
- The Rosemount Hotel which has a beer garden
- The Old Laundry for everything from brunch to cocktails
Take a dip in the Water
Granted that it somewhat falls under the ‘tourist attractions’ category, but Perth’s beaches are picture perfect and a year-round drawcard. Engage in Perth’s tradition of late afternoon dips in the water and devour a light meal of fish and chips. Here are the must-visit beaches in Perth:
- City Beach
- Bather’s Beach
- Cottesloe Beach
Remember to pack a bag with sunscreen and a hat to escape the heat.
Experience Perth’s Nightlife
If you are in Perth, you must experience its nightlife when the city comes out to play! So do not miss out on the following things to do in Perth at night:
- Riverside Drive at dusk for beautiful sunset views.
- Uncle Billy’s Chinese Restaurant, Alfred’s Kitchen for mouthwatering burgers, Vine & Oil for deep fried chicken or jalapeno peppers, and The Moon for late night cravings of all kinds!
- The Ellington nightclub for some jazz
- Go camping under the stars and explore the night trails.
You can enjoy the true essence of everything that Perth has to offer by doing these non-touristy things. We, at Mumma’s Hostel, strive to make your trip memorable and comfortable by providing you with the best Perth backpacker hostel accommodations with several amenities.